The most important thing you can do to preserve your eyesight is to visit your eye doctor for regular checkups.
Dr. Sheryl Simms places a high emphasis on spending time with you to understand your needs, diagnose visual conditions and explain all of your options.
Urban Optique & Eyecare provides Comprehensive Ocular Examinations including:
- Optomap Retinal Exam
- Contact Lens Medical Evaluation
- Dry Eye Therapy
- Diabetic Eyecare
- Cataract Medical Management
- Lasik Medical Co-Management
- Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration Evaluations
- Urgent Care
- Pediatric Eyecare
We look forward to serving you for all of your eyecare needs!
Optomap® Retinal Exam
Annual eye exams are vital to maintaining your vision and overall health. Urban Optique offers the optomap® Retinal Exam as an important part of our eye exams. The optomap® Retinal Exam produces an image that is as unique as you fingerprint and provides Dr. Sheryl Simms with a wide view to look at the health of your retina. The retina is the part of your eye that captures the image of what you are looking at, similar to film in a camera.
Many eye problems can develop without you knowing. You may not even notice any change in your sight. But, diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal tears or detachments, and other health problems such as diabetes and high blood pressure can be seen with a thorough exam of the retina.
An optomap® Retinal Exam provides:
- A scan to show a healthy eye or detect disease.
- A view of the retina, giving your doctor a more detailed view than he/she can get by other means.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the optomap® image of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.
- A permanent record for your file, which allows Dr. Sheryl Simms to view your images each year to look for changes.
The optomap® Retinal Exam is fast, easy, and comfortable for all ages. To have the exam, you simply look into the device one eye at a time and you will see a comfortable flash of light to let you know the image of your retina has been taken. The optomap® image is shown immediately on a computer screen so we can review it with you.
Please schedule your optomap® Retinal Exam today!